Normally, I don't like to put myself into a box, I prefer to always live outside of it. But today, I've realized I'm just jumping from one box to the next. From this day forward, for every race form I fill out, or every survey I participate in - I'm officially into the next box.
So, to you "34", I feel you deserve a credible, honorable 'thank you' for one of the best years of my life-
- A solo trip to Peru - hiking to Machu Pichhu, living with a family and working with street kids
- NYC in the Fall with great friends for a weekend of debauchery
- an xmas trip to Nova Scotia - spending quality time with mom and dad, and my many NS friends
- Santiago, Chile for work and incredible experience
- LA for my birthday and a KRAC Reunion which was 7 years in the making
- NYC again for 35 and a visit with Ren...2 days and counting
- the birth of Lola and getting to be there for her arrival into the world, a complete and amazing surprise
- along with the birth of Carly and Finn - for two of my other best guy friends that I never thought would 'grow up'
- the birth of sweet Olivia - for Kev and Ady
- Nancy announcing that Jack will get to be a big brother
- Sweet smiling Cate being born into the awesome Munroe Clan.
- Running, after I didn't think I could (and some days still don't) - only to race in a 5 and 10km again
- Having the balls to chop all my hair off after wanting to for years!
- Developing new friendships (at an age when you think you have enough friends)
- Opening my mind and heart to different kinds of love (every shape, size and form)
- Having Toni come to visit me for the first time ever since I've lived in TO (and Nance here too to celebrate our friendship)
- Being asked to be the MC of Jennie and Dave's wedding in Mexico 2010.
- seeing George and Jude fight through some scary health concerns and coming out the other side smiling. yay!
- watching my best friend finally take on the career he's always dreamed of!
- and for me, taking on a new path career-wise that continues to be pleasantly surprising.
- seeing Mel, Chris and Todd turn "40" - only proving that it's something to look forward to.
ps - "35", bring. it. on.