Wednesday, August 12, 2009

whimsical 1, selfishness 0

The majority of my blog posts are stirred by a conversation with a friend, or by thoughts I have while I'm running. In the "Case of Whimsical vs Selfishness", it was a thought provoked by a special someone but it's actually very topical for me because it's something I wrestle with in my day-to-day life.  In many ways, I'm shocked I haven't expressed this feeling before, especially at a time where I'm worried my posts might be a tad repetitive and redundant.

I believe in whims.  In fact, I love whims and all the ingredients that go into them.  A spur of raw emotion where your gut is leading the way (somewhat intelligently, of course).  As a crazy gemini that lives a life of a free bird, it's a hard balance being too whimsical and living in logical thinking because all of a sudden you wake up one day and you're a complete selfish bastard. There are many occasions where my whimsy rules because I'm a strong believer in that life is way too short and it's up to me to make the most of it.  But what happens is whimsy starts to morph into, "no one can tell me what to do because this is what I want to do and it makes me oh so very happy".  It wasn't that long ago that I had a moment where I thought, am I not making any room for people to go along for the ride with me?  Do not fret, all aboard.

So, if you want to do something on a whim, do it, live in it and love the decision.  The minute you start to over think your whimsy, the moment passes, you start following 'the rules' and you're the Mayor of Snoozeville.  Be whimsy, within reason.

Feel your heart beating like a hammer - there's no feeling like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment