Sunday, April 5, 2009

a secret garden



I often buy flowers for myself.  It's one of my all time favourite things about living in Toronto. The concept of getting a variety of stunning flowers for under $8 a bunch. Especially tulips...mostly because they last so very long. It's as if the tulip appreciates living more than any other flower. Whether it's at the grocery store or a corner store I love buying them and I always look forward to getting home and seeing them in my apartment.   They brighten an entire room. And my mood.

Equally as awesome is when someone else buys them for you.  In this case, for me it's not so much about the flowers themselves, it's the fact that you were on that persons mind that day.  They thought of you.  Thought of you in a loving, affectionate way that they wanted to bring that beauty in your life.  I'm glad someone thought of me in that way.

1 comment:

  1. THIS TOO SHALL PASS ARE FOUR WORDS THAT I USE ALL THE TIME. NOTHING IN LIFE IS EVER TOO BIG OR TOO TRAGIC THAT IT WON'T PASS WITH TIME

    ReplyDelete