Saturday, May 9, 2009

uuummm, May flowers? hello?

It's Saturday, 8am and I couldn't sleep.  So I grabbed Daws, her leash, poop bags and money and went for a jaunt in the 'hood.  After buying a coffee and letting her romp for a bit in the park at the end of the street, I grabbed a Now Magazine and headed back to the front porch. It's the best thing to do early on a weekend morn - coffee, porch, paper and Daws.  On the way back up the street, the sky looked black at one end and you could hear thunder in the distance. Lately, I've been taking my camera with me everywhere I go because I've been capturing precious things that tend to be a unique moment in time.  And I was glad it was in my pocket because this rain and hail storm came on strong and fast.  

For approx 30 mins, we sat there and watched.  It's start mild, bright and hazy and ended in darkness and hail.  Ironically it was incredibly peaceful. 

Now the birds are chirping and the sun is out for the day.

the beginning...rain.

(in a matter of minutes)

the end...hail.

1 comment:

  1. the weather was insane-o yesterday! these vids capture it perfectly.
    ps, very proud of you for getting these up on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete