Thursday, September 10, 2009

he loves me, he loves me not

I love love.   I love when people fall madly, crazy head over heels in love. I love when people take a risk to chase love.  I love when people make plans on a whim in the spirit of fun and love. This week I was reminded how much I love this feeling when a co-worker decided to quit his (very good) job, sell his goods (home included) and move to the other side of the world for l.o.v.e. Breaking convention and going for it.  Totes. amaze

I'm a fan of all of the above because it's in my nature to change my environment often - other than my dog, my longest commitment was 4 years. I've never lived in a place longer than that, had a home longer than that, a car or a significant other.  I bore quickly and I love a challenge.  I love someone that calls me on my shit and that will always make me laugh.

I'm always on the quest to ensure my ongoing happiness is maintained, which is not to be confused with always searching for happiness. I'm not looking to settle. I don't think I'm unrealistic or in denial.  I know 'they' say you're not suppose to have your cake and eat it too, but really - why buy the god damn cake if you're not going to shove it in your face?

Crazy in love + a lifetime = super moist cake with thick icing.  Yep, one large piece right here, please!



(legal disclaimer: this is not a personal advert)

4 comments:

  1. there is one other commitment that you failed to mention... You are committed to your best buds and the relationship you have shared with them has lasted longer than most marriages. When you talk about your friends I hear such love and pride expressed. You are capable of a long term relationship and are never bored with the people you share your life and thoughts. Go easy on yourself. In my books you are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. If calling each other out on our shit = love and long term commitment..well shit girlfriend you and I have been married for the last twenty years. Love you bunches from your former two time roomie and all around shit disturber!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this.
    love you.
    love love.
    and love that you haven't settled.
    also love drunken karaoke nights. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is it's worth the wait and I know it'll come to you like it came to me. Hey, I broke the Munroe women curse!
    - Alyson

    ReplyDelete