Saturday, December 19, 2009

Full Speed Ahead

There was a time in my life when I would wish away time.  There were moments where I would want to see where it was going, how I was going to get there and perhaps, even how it would all end. I remember being in a long distance relationship and just wondering if we'd end up together in the same city, just so it would make the time apart bearable. There was a time in university when I would mark huge black x's through each day counting down to the end of the school year. There would be those Sunday's during marathon training where I would have to clock 29km and the entire time thinking about the bath, food and beer at the end.

Then along came the switch. The shift in my thinking that came with age and it seemed to really come on strong the last few weeks. I'd catch myself in moments trying to plan ahead for exciting events to come - from travel to birthdays to time with old friends. Let's face it, you know you do it too. But my wish of a magic crystal ball never did come my way, instead my wave of fairy dust fell upon me one day when last week when I realized I was so happy that I actually didn't wish for anything in my future anymore. I want to stay put, right here. Today. 

3 comments:

  1. it makes me happy that you're so happy :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy that you are living in the present. It simplifies life a great deal when we stop worrying so much about things we cannot control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute, did you comment on your own post? :)

    ReplyDelete